Exhibition rules of conduct
Visitors’ Behavior and Management of Visitors’ Access Control during the International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana
I. General provisions
1. These Rules prescribe the manner in which visitors are expected to behave, visitors’ rights and obligations while visiting the International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana as well as access control arrangements.
2. For purposes of these Rules, the following concepts shall be used:
"exhibition" – International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana;
"organizer of the exhibition" – Joint Stock Company "National Company "Astana EXPO-2017", which is in charge of organizing and hosting the International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana;
"entrance ticket" – document of a form established by the organizer of the exhibition entitling a person to visit the International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 in Astana;
"visitor" – an individual entitled to visit the exhibition with an entrance ticket or another document issued by the organizer of the exhibition;
"bulky object" – any item exceeding the dimensions of 40 x 40 x 45 cm in length, width and height;
"mass cultural events" – events aimed to promote aesthetic education of the population, to satisfy its spiritual and aesthetic needs and hosted at locations designed for such spectacular mass cultural events that are attended by two hundred and more visitors at the same time;
"exhibition complex" –location of the exhibition with an area of 25 ha consisting of pavilions of participating states, thematic pavilions, commercial zones, Energy Hall, entertainment areas, open spaces, etc.;
"territory of the exhibition"– territory enclosed in a square by the streets of Orynbor and Kabanbay Batyr as well as by the streets of Hussein ben Talal and Turar Ryskulov, including the exhibition complex (174 ha);
"entrance lobby" – area of entrance and exit of visitors equipped with technical facilities of identification and technical control;
"identification" is a procedure of identifying a visitor against his or her ID using technical facilities. If a visitor is using a special rate ticket, he or she must validate the right for such privilege by producing a relevant document (pensioner’s ID card, birth certificate, student’s ID, ID card of WW2 veteran and disabled person);
"law enforcement officer" – a person authorized to inspect and search visitors upon entrance to the exhibition;
"debrief group officer" – a person authorized to resolve issues related to tickets;
"inspection" – visual screening of a vehicle, location, objects, documents, and individuals in order to identify signs of administrative and criminal offence, prohibited articles as well as circumstances relevant for ensuring safety;
"screening with technical aids" – verification inspection of visitors entering the territory of the exhibition as well as of hand-carried items and luggage in order to identify prohibited articles to be conducted by the authorized officers;
"body search" – compulsory inspection of a visitor’s body and his/her clothes in order to identify, detect and withdraw documents, objects and other items, which have been the instrument or subject of any administrative or criminal offense;
"inspection of items" – compulsory inspection of items possessed by an individual without disrupting their structural integrity.
Individuals and items shall be searched by authorized officers the list of which is specified in Article 787 of the Administrative Offences Code of the RoK. Other persons may not take such measures and shall be punished by law.
II. Rights and obligations of visitors as well as restrictions applying to visitors at the exhibition events
3. At the exhibition, visitors shall have a right:
1) to be respected and to have their personal dignity protected by the organizers and participants of the exhibition, staff and persons maintaining public order and safety during the exhibition;
2) to receive in a timely manner the essential and credible information on how to behave at the locations of the exhibition’s events and how to leave them as well as on restrictions and prohibitions related to visiting the exhibition;
3) to be provided with essential medical aid in cases and in manner prescribed by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) to access and visit the exhibition’s official events with an entrance ticket or its substitute (including accreditations and invitations). Entry to the venues of the exhibition’s events implies that visitors are to comply with the requirements of these Rules in force during the entire period that visitors spend at the exhibition’s venues;
5) to stay at the venue of the exhibition’s events during the entire period as established by the Main Regulation of the Exhibition and an entrance ticket;
6) to use all the services provided at the locations of the exhibition’s events by the exhibition organizers, owners (users) of exhibition venues and other persons authorized by the exhibition organizers to provide such services;
7) to access the exhibition venues with soft drinks in plastic and paper cups and with food;
8) to bring and use personal things at locations of the exhibition’s events if they are not banned from bringing by these Rules;
9) to come by a personal car to the area adjacent to the exhibition or another place provided by the exhibition’s organizer as well as to the parking area, if there is space available;
10) to use lavatories (toilet cabins) located at the venues of events free of charge;
11) to the safety of personal belongings placed in the storage rooms located in the entrance lobbies;
12) to be assisted by volunteers, supervisors/administrators and other persons engaged by the organizer in hosting the exhibition as well as to obtain from such persons information on the services provided, location of exhibition venues, entrances and exits at locations of the exhibition events as well as to be assisted during emergency escapes.
4. When visiting the exhibition’s events, visitors shall be obliged:
1) to demonstrate to supervisors/administrators their entrance tickets as well as IDs, if requested, upon entry to the exhibition, or evidence of benefit or privilege;
2) to demonstrate a car pass – issued by the exhibition’s organizer – to the supervisors/administrators and to make a car available for inspection, if a visitor comes by his/her car to the exhibition and/or an area adjacent to it;
3) to be personally inspected and to provide personal belongings for inspection upon entry to the exhibition and/or to the area adjacent to it;
4) to place bulky objects in the storage room, except where bringing such bulky objects to the locations of the exhibition’s events is agreed with the organizer;
5) to comply with public order and requirements of these Rules and laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan while visiting the exhibition;
6) to behave respectfully towards other visitors, organizers and official participants of the exhibition as well as users of the exhibition venues and persons maintaining public order and safety at the venues;
7) immediately report to supervisors/administrators and other persons maintaining public order and safety during the exhibition events on suspicious objects, violations of public order, signs of smoke or fire, the need for medical assistance to persons at locations of the exhibition events;
8) not to cause property damage to other visitors, organizer and participants of the exhibition, users of the exhibition venues, to users and persons maintaining public order and safety during the exhibition events, and to treat the property of the exhibition with due care as well as to keep clean;
9) comply with legal requests of the exhibition’s organizer, supervisors/administrators and other persons maintaining public order and safety during the exhibition’s events;
10) in cases of emergency escape from the exhibition venues, to act according to the instructions (directions) of the persons maintaining the public order and safety, in accordance with the fire safety regulations and the approved emergency escape plan without panicking.
5. At the exhibition, visitors may not:
1) be in a state of alcoholic, drug or other intoxication offending human dignity and public morality;
2) undertake actions threatening personal safety, life, health as well as safety, life, and health of other persons at the location of the exhibition’s events or in an adjacent area;
3) insult other persons (including with the use of banners, placards and other means of visual propaganda) and commit other actions discrediting the honor, dignity or business reputation or aimed at inciting hatred or enmity as well as to humiliate the dignity of a person or group of persons on grounds of sex, race, nationality, language, origin, attitude to religion;
4) disguise their faces, including with masks, except in cases specifically designated by the exhibition’s organizer as well as means of disguise and other items used to make it hard to recognize a person;
5) violate public morals and standards of behavior by exposing private body parts while visiting the exhibition;
6) enter places or venues or areas adjacent to them, or zones that are not specified in the entrance ticket or in a substitute document (technical rooms, zones for honored guests, media rooms) access to which is limited by the exhibition’s organizer and/or user of an exhibition venue;
7) damage the property of the organizer and users of exhibition venues, make inscriptions and draw pictures on structures and buildings of the exhibition complex as well as leave foreign objects near to them without authorization of the exhibition organizer or users of exhibition venues;
8) come to the exhibition with animals and birds except for muzzled guide dogs;
9) hold public events that are not allowed by the exhibition hosting provision (regulation);
10) bring to the exhibition and the adjacent areas any items and substances according to the list specified in paragraph 16 of these Rules;
11) engage in illicit trade (including selling entrance tickets or substitute documents), distribute by any means products of political, religious or racist nature (including placards, leaflets, booklets);
12) draw, copy, take measurements, photograph, take moulds of objects presented at the Exhibition without permission of an Exhibitor (according to Article 31 of the Main Regulation of EXPO-2017 in Astana);
13) leave personal belongings unattended;
14) park outside designated areas (parking lots);
15) leave personal cars in designated areas (parking lots) for a nighttime.
III. Access control arrangements
6. Entry to the territory of the Exhibition and tickets are screened by the law enforcement officers, security officers and trained volunteers. Each entrance is equipped with display boards to specify its type and status.
7. Individuals shall enter the territory of the Exhibition after being searched by the law enforcement officers, including with the use of technical facilities. All types of transport shall be banned from accessing the territory of the Exhibition, except for VIPs.
8. Visitors’ access to the exhibition complex shall be maintained via four entrance lobbies (from streets of Orynbor, Kabanbay Batyr, Turar Ryskulov and Hussein ben Talal).
9. Inspection arrangements include inspecting all entering persons and their hand carried luggage for security purposes.
10. Individuals shall be inspected before electronic verification of tickets. Going through the inspection process is the mandatory condition for accessing the exhibition.
11. Entry to the controlled area shall consist of the three stages:
- visitor identification;
- inspection of a visitor and his/her personal items;
- verification of the entry rights based on the access control system.
12. If there is a problem with a ticket, a debrief group officer shall take a visitor to the designated area for resolving problems with tickets.
13. Visitors shall exit the territory of the exhibition freely via designated passages and turn-gates working as exits.
14. Persons with disabilities who need assistance shall access the territory of the exhibition through a dedicated passage.
15. Procedure of entering the territory of the Exhibition:
1) Upon entry to the exhibition, a visitor must demonstrate to supervisors/administrators his/her entrance ticket as well as ID, if requested, or evidence of benefit or privilege.
2) A supervisor/administrator shall identify a person by comparing a visitor’s face with the photo in the document. If a visitor’s face matches a photo in the document, the document and the ticket shall be verified with technical facilities.
3) If the photograph in the document and a visitor’s face do not match, security officers shall respond with relevant measures.
4) If it is found out that a person holds an invalid (fake) document or another person’s document granting access, law enforcement officers shall take measures in order to resolve the incident in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5) In the zone of search, a visitor will be asked to:
- take out all of the small items from the pockets (cell phones, keys, coins, etc.) as well as take off the belt, heavy adornments and the watch and put all of these into the baskets, into the bag or:
- put all of these items on the designated desk.
6) The security officer in the visitor search zone shall check the size and weight of the baggage for compliance with the requirements. If the hand carried luggage exceeds these parameters of the x-rays unit, and the luggage owner refuses to comply with the requirements, such visitor will be banned from entering.
7) The security officer in the visitor search zone will ask a visitor to put all bags and the items on the conveyor belt of the x-rays unit and pass through the metal detector.
8) All of the visitors’ bags and items shall be checked by the x-rays unit.
9) For bags or items that look suspicious, the scan results shall be additionally checked or visual inspection shall be carried out.
10) Visitors that did not trigger the response of the metal detector shall be directed by the security officer to the other end of the x-rays unit where they pick up their items, if any, and then leave the search zone.
11) Visitors that triggered the response of the metal detector shall undergo body search. Such visitor may simply demonstrate those items that trigger the response in order to make sure that they are not prohibited (there is no need to put such items in the bags).
Important: the main way to resolve the situation with metal detector’s response is to conduct search using metal detector wands.
12) The search zone officer shall utilize special measures to inspect minor children and disabled persons as well as take into account religious and cultural distinctions.
13) Visitor must leave forbidden items beyond the security perimeter or in the storage room.
14) If forbidden items are detected during inspection of a visitor in the search zone, the security officer shall act in accordance with the current laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
15) After successful completion of the search, a visitor shall go to the third stage of access to the controlled area – verification of the entry rights based on the access control system.
16) Electronic verification of a visitor’s ticket shall be carried out with the access control system. In order to check the ticket electronically, a visitor shall put it against the scanner of the access control system.
17) Visitors shall exit the territory of the Exhibition freely via designated turn-gates working as exits.
18) Law enforcement officers and security staff may expel visitors from the venue in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and internal instructions.
IV. List of substances and items banned from bringing to the exhibition venues
16. It shall be forbidden to bring the following substances and objects to the exhibition venues:
weapons of any type, including self-defense, and ammo, piercing or cutting objects, and other items that can be used as weapon, explosives, toxic, poisonous and strongly smelling substances, and radioactive materials;
inflammable and pyrotechnic agents or products (except matches, pocket lighters), including signal rockets, flares, firecrackers, gas balloons and objects (chemical materials), which can be used to make pyrotechnic products or smokes;
other substances, objects, products, including self-made products, the use of which may lead to smoke, fire;
devices and products, including home-made, that are not pyrotechnics and are used for scattering and spraying various materials and substances (party poppers);
wind devices to create sounds;
alcoholic drinks of any sort, drugs and toxic substances or stimulators;
infectious or biologically hazardous materials, substances or objects containing such materials;
bottled or canned soft drinks;
propaganda materials of extremist nature or containing Nazi symbols or symbols of extremist organizations;
technical devices that may disturb the work of law enforcement agencies or the participants (laser devices, flashlights), radio stations, means of sound amplification;
bulky objects that may disturb other visitors, except in cases where bringing such bulky objects has been agreed with the exhibition’s organizer.
V. Final provisions
17. Persons who do not comply with the requirements established by these Rules or refuse to comply with them shall not be allowed to the locations of the exhibition events may be expelled or brought to justice in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
18. Monitoring compliance with the requirements established by these Rules shall be the responsibility of the organizer of the exhibition as well as persons involved in the maintenance of public order and safety at the locations of exhibition’s events.
19. The organizer shall be entitled to establish additional requirements for visitors’ conduct during the exhibition’s events.
20. These Rules shall be placed by the organizer in front of the entrances as well as published on the official website of the organizer and on the official website that sells tickets to the Exhibition.
21. Information on the procedure established by these Rules must be communicated to visitors in Kazakh and Russian as well as additionally in foreign languages at the discretion of the organizer of the exhibition.
22. The list of objects banned from bringing in accordance with paragraph 16 of these Rules is specified in Exhibition tickets.